Thursday, November 15, 2012

Blog 98: “We Got Trouble”

Blog 98: “We Got Trouble”

I was at the Rebirth Brass Band show last week and as the horns blared and the snare drum whipped me into shape I heard the words, “We got trouble” repeated over and over again…and the whole time they were singing the song…

I thought they were talking about me….

Cause, like hellllllo…

I AM SOME MOTHERFUCKING TROUBLE…totally!
(you know what else is some motherfucking trouble?)

From the red curly hair, the devilish grin, the snorted laugh, the uber high voice, the glitter-backed mysterious grin, the white girl dance moves, the fact that I call everyone “papi” …to the fire muff….

Yup there is some torment up in this bitch.

And it is not necessarily a bad kinda trouble…wellllllllllllll.

There has been the rare occasions where I have just been plan naughty (but each time I have smelled awesome!) And those few and far between occurrences usually involve myself and maybe a dude…and I am pretty sure they were okay with me being turbulent and buoyant…just saying.

Mostly though, I am the best kinda of trouble.

For me trouble is the unexpected…it’s the bump in the road you never saw coming but that slowed you down when you were going to fast, or the night out that you thought was going to be boring and ending up being the best night of your life…it is the laughter over nothing…it is learning how to shift and move and change….it is talking to people you would never talk to and going places you never would have seen…trouble is pushing your box, it is what sets you free…

It can also leave you in its misery.

The pain of trouble usually comes from a wallowing in self-doubt.

Why doubt, why not just live.

I do what makes me happy and when it stops making me happy, I’m done.

I mean it is not like I do anything illegal (we are leaving drugs out of this statement)

I don’t hurt people (intentionally) I just know how to have a good time and know exactly what I like…and thoroughly enjoy learning about things that make me go “ummmmmmmmmmmmmmmm”

So yeah, I stir the pot…but you know what, if you don’t stir it, it gets all yucky at the bottom and gross and crusty and it doesn’t taste good…you need to tend to your pot constantly.

You got to add spice to life….you got to keep it fresh.

And while there is comfort in monotony, one can be overcome with a sense of staleness.

Everyday I look at my picture of Ken Kesey and the words that are under it,

“The answer is never the answer. What’s really interesting is the mystery. If you seek the mystery instead of the answer, you’ll always be seeking. I’ve never seen anybody really find the answer…they think they have, so they stop thinking. But the job is to seek mystery, evoke mystery, plant a garden in which strange plants grow and mysteries blossom. The need for the mystery is greater than the need for an answer.”

Those words keep me going…and if trouble means that I am never satisfied, that I am always searching and nary very still…then so be it…that’s how I roll.

I will continue to wonder, to ponder, to seek…and if bad shit happens than that is how I learn my lessons.

But just cause it might be trouble, doesn’t mean I don’t enjoy every single second of it.

Trouble can be a good thing, it is just really how you look at it...and whether or not it smells good….and I shower three times a day, so we know the answer to that question.

Now go cause some of that “good trouble!”


DANCE MOVE OF THE WEEK

THE HAIR FLIP (inspired by an awesome boss and a best friend)

So the first part of this dance is checking the wind, cause lets be honest, you can’t go flipping hair against wind here peeps. So lick your finger, stick it in the air…all right, the wind is blowing in the right direction…sweet. Walk up to a friend and grab the front part of your hair and flip your head and then start to bat your eyelashes. Now flip again (do not hurt your neck, we are not Olympic hair flippers here!) and let the eyelashes roll…if your friend hasn’t gotten the hint and passed you the joint yet, you just might want to say, “Yo chicken fucker, puff, puff, pass.” Unless you have hair in your eye, then by all means…flip again.

No comments:

Post a Comment