Monday, December 12, 2011

Blog 55... Reality Keeps Slapping Me in the Face...

Blog 55...Reality Keeps Slapping Me in the Face...

As Reality slapped me in the face this morning, I turned the other cheek. In rotating my head I realized the other side still stung from previous slaps. And for a moment I sat still, head in my hands, trying to numb the pain but coming to terms with fact that I might as well get used to the pain...for I have never heard of reality placing a soft kiss...

As I flew home yesterday from a well-rounded vacation, a man behind me was bitching about how hard life was to the stranger next to him and she replied with, “Well it only gets harder.”

He retorted, “Aren’t you suppose to say it only gets Easier.”

I could mentally envision her smiling as she came back with, “No it only gets harder, people will lie and tell you it gets easier, they are wrong, it just gets harder, so you might as well embrace it, and deal with it, you have no other choice.”

“That is not the answer I wanted to hear” the young man stammered.

“Life doesn’t give you the answer you want to hear, that is why it is life and not a fairytale...the sooner you realize that...the sooner you can just surrender to the hardships and come to terms with simply doing the best you can to be happy and to bounce back from all the problems...it doesn’t get easier...you just learn to deal with crap better.”

As I turned around and tried to sneak a glance of the Yoda behind me...a knowing smirk spread across my face, and even though this advice was meant for someone else...I knew the voice behind the chair was talking to me.

It was a notion I must come to terms with.

And one I had witnessed so many times before and continue to do so on a daily basis.

In fairytale land you don’t have to deal with the consequences of other people’s emotions, issues and mistakes, you only have your own (which is hard enough to deal with) but in real life things constantly come at you that you have no control over, that you must simply ride out and go from there...

There are times where you are put in situations that you didn’t put yourself in, you just open your eyes and you are in a new place, lost with no direction...and you have to make a decision on which way to walk...embrace your choice, not look back and come to terms with the fact that you will not be walking a straight line.

And that is the reality of life.

Things never go as planned...it never works out the way it does in the song...

And as I am reminded yet again of this fact...It came to me that reality giving me a blow to the face this morning was probably a great thing...

For I was going to compromise my happiness in the current moment for something that I thought would make me happy.

And looking back on my life the things I thought would bring me satisfaction, rarely did...yet the times in my life where I have simply lived, and did what makes me happy on a day to day basis are times where I have felt fulfilled.

And I am not the conforming type, that I know does not make me happy, and why it took reality slapping me in the face to realize that I have no idea...

What makes me happy is my family and my city...my kingdom.

This is who I am, and I might as well embrace it and make it work to the best of my abilities, and enjoy ever fucking moment of it...the good, the bad, the ugly...I might as well enjoy the path I have chosen to take...a footway I began a long time ago.

Things don’t work out, because they weren’t suppose to.

And I must simply take from it what I have learned.

I have learned to stay true to me...that money, people, life...it is all going to let you down...but if you are good with you...none of that matters.

And Reality...I hope you have learned, that you can go ahead and slap me...I am however a native San Franciscan and I princess no less, so I am going to punch you back, dead in the eye...and in between each blow I dish out and receive...I will not only do a little dance, but look damm good the entire time.

Grrrrrrrrrrrrrr...bitches.

DANCE MOVE OF THE WEEK

THROWING THE PUNCHES...

This is for moments at a show when it has gotten really dirty (I usually have put my hat on by this point) They keep throwing the good licks at you and you just want more...

So stance yourself out, I personally line my feet up with my knees, bend them a little and put my feet at 2 o’clock and 7. I make my hands into tight fists and bend my elbows bringing my forearms in front of me for some protection...

As the dirty licks start...jab, then swivel to the right avoiding the punch, go into protective stance and then jab again, throwing in a left upper cut, and then, take a punch (man that was a mean lick...I think he just played it with his teeth) don’t stop fighting, cause when you stop so does the music...and where is the fun in that.

No comments:

Post a Comment