Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Blog 78: "I got Sunshine on a Cloudy Day" (Music is my Church...Part III)

Blog 78: "I got Sunshine on a Cloudy Day" (Music is my Church…Part III)

Parts I & II of Music is my Church are blogs 25 and 44.

Do you know when you have one of those days where everything gets put in perspective…

When the things that you think are massive problems in your life all of a sudden become ever so minuet.

I had one of those days last Saturday…after a busy morning at work, I headed to Carnival where I not only handed out flyers and put up posters for an after show, but also made it a “twofer” by having a second date with a home-skillet…cause I am a multi-tasking mother fucker if I have not mentioned that before.

In the midst of promoting, pisco, Charlie’s Angel poses (my favorite,) and trying on sunglasses and hats I had no intention of buying, I put my new phone down to look in the mirror and it went away…turned off in an instant…gone like the sun in the Alaskan sky…

Freak out I could not do…for on a date I was…and in public no less…and that ain’t my style…

So breathing I began…

It’s just a fancy phone…

And to be honest, this last week…I had been letting go of a lot…I lost some friends (these darn diaries…I now am acutely aware of why people hide their diaries under their mattress for no one to see…stupid project I have committed to)…I reached a revelation on my last relationship which truly put things in perspective and has helped me let go and heal my heart…why not lose a phone.

I didn’t lose a family member, I still have a job, a roof over my head, my princess dresses, my cats, my sparkles…a phone shouldn’t make or break a day…

And I had a great day at Carnival…except for the chicken fucker that took my phone…it was a good afternoon.

As the sun began to set…what had started as a really good date turned it to awkward-ville, which did help me forget about the phone disappearing thing…

***Sunny Dating Tip***
If I make-out with you…that does NOT mean I am going to hump you and the more and more you push me about sex, the more you are turning me off, and I don’t care if making out with me has given you blue balls, no man should ever ask a lady on the second date, a princess no less…if they can masturbate while looking at me…that is not okay!…who does that…this is why I have a hump buddy…so I don’t get all horny with guys I don’t know and say stupid shit…seriously…I just met you, and you want me to watch you jack off while you stare at me…way to creep me the fuck out…and yes I see it, and no I don’t want to touch it…(and on a side note…big is nice, but good god, I’m scared, cause who wants a freaking forearm between their legs.)

All this in a day and I still had one to two shows to go to.

Part of me just wanted to stay at home, and sleep…hide under the covers and pretend the day did not happen while watching old TV shows on hulu…and try to purify my brain from the gross-ness that was the end to my date…

But I had made a commitment to go to a show and hand out more flyers and it was not one I was going to break…and to be honest, I had been really looking forward to this show…it was “The Temptations Review”…who doesn’t want to hear Temptations songs…

As I approached the show, thoughts of my phone, my date, my week swirled in my head making the sides of my eyes hurt…

More breathing…

I walked in at the beginning of a song…

“I got sunshine…on a cloudy day…”

Ain’t that the truth…

Before me stood five men lined up, snapping and side-stepping in what I can only describe as if mint, lime & neon made out and became a color suit, with gold embroidery, white wing-tipped shoes with green flowers where laces should be…and a smile spread upon my face, it began at the tip of my toes.

I sauntered to the front and sat myself down resting my head in my hand, and simply melted away.

All the thoughts in my head rolled out like fog over the Golden Gate.

And crisp, clear clarity settled in.

As I sang along, I chuckled to myself about my day…how funny the whole thing was…how I was so glad I didn’t freak out about my phone…how I was so glad I came to this show…and could just hear music that made my heart happy.

And in a moment…I let it all go…I felt cleansed…lighter…pure.

More breathing, this time I felt it throughout my entire body.

It is truly amazing how music can make you forget about your troubles, how it can take you to a different place…my happy place was right there…I did not need a thing.

I did not want the sermon to end.

I left with a smile on my face and contentment in my soul…things that we should always have…

I just needed a reminder, and those come in all shapes and sizes ☺


DANCE MOVE OF THE WEEK

SHAVING THE SHEEP

…cause it is getting hot out and you need to shave your sheep…totally.

Start by “chumping up” on the sheep’s neck, get a good grip, now grab your electric razor and start at the back of the neck and take long strokes going towards the tail…you might have to call in a friend to help you hold down the sheep as you get towards the “sensitive” areas…make sure you have shaved off all the wool…now give the poor sheep some pats…and a kick in the butt to get on down the road…cause there is always more than one sheep to shave…

No comments:

Post a Comment