Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Blog 84: "Thank You & You're Awesome" (Jammin Chronicles Part II)

Blog 84: “Thank You & You’re Awesome” (Jammin Chronicles Part II)

I had this really crazy thing happen to me a couple weeks ago…

I had offered my help with this project…a new store that was opening…and I wanted to help, I believed in what was happening, it inspired me, stimulated me, encouraged me to be more creative and to be honest…I needed a distraction…something to stop me from thinking so god damm much…something to help me move on.

And I worked really hard on that shit (I still do)…and it went…awesomeness!!

The next day…I looked at my phone and one of the owners sent me a text saying “thank you” and it went on to say how much they liked working with me and how I did shit and so on…

Who does that?

How fucking cool is that shit…

Other people involved thanked me the next day as well…which left me to walk around all day with this “huhhhh” look on my face.

The whole thing baffled me…in the best kinda of way…

It has reminded me of the power in saying “thank you”…the strength that comes from simply acknowledging people…

An attitude of gratitude.

I think that saying “thank you” makes you a happier person…in fact, I am a witness…

And the feeling that I got from it…the natural high…I wanted to pass it on…

So I have been…in my own kinda way.

For the last week everyday…I text or facebook one to six people a day…I either wish that their day be sparkly or hope their day is as awesome as they are…I pick people that randomly pop into my brain…or that I have been thing off...and the whole thing…simply puts a smile on my face.

I dig it…totally.

And have no intention of stopping anytime soon.

I really like connecting with people that I don’t always have time to but am always sending good vibes to…or just reminding a great friend how I feel about them…for me personally…one of the greatest gifts that someone can do for me is to tell me that I am loved…for who doesn’t want to be loved…who doesn’t want to be told that they are awesome…who isn’t fucking awesome…

Should we not treat each other, as we want to be treated?

And why do we not tell people all the time that they fucking rock…

I am a firm believer that enlightening one’s self with the greatness of others helps us look within the looking glass…and see our reflection…(mine sparkles)

Nobody is perfect…that goes hand and hand with being human…but we all are pretty fucking awesome!

Maybe we all need to believe in each other…

And tell each other that we believe…

All these thoughts of greatness…inspired by a colorful thank you…imagine that…

The power of gratitude…is a truly amazing thing.


DANCE MOVE OF THE WEEK

(Yes…we are doing one of my annoying self-affirmation dance moves…no funny ones today…don’t worry we will “load the dishwasher” next week…but this is like the fourth one in 84…so cut a princess some slack please ☺)

The “THANK YOU & YOU’RE AWESOME” Dance

Pick a few people you are friends with but don’t talk to on a regular basis…in some sort of way…thank them for being them…or wish them a good day…let them know that you are thinking of them…the next day pick some more people…this time people that you talk to a lot…who know how you feel about them…but who doesn’t want to be reminded?...tell them that you love them, that they are awesome, that you believe in them…and the next day…pick whoever you just think of…and keep doing it…until you want to stop…if you ever want to actually stop…

Spread the love…Together, We can all make it to the Promise Land.

2 comments:

  1. Ah ha! I totally noticed you have been doing that! And you know what? That is totally awesome! And thank you! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah the world needs more high fives and thank you's. Just some simple recognition or acknowledgment to let you know you are the shit.

    ReplyDelete