Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Blog 50...Opportunity came Knocking

Blog 50...Opportunity Came Knocking...

Opportunity came knocking this week, do I answer the door with a kind smile, or do I shut it with a polite "not interested" and wait patiently for it to knock again?

Yet I know this particular candyman will not return.

Opportunity came knocking this week, and it has taken me for a head spin that I did not see coming.

A look has taken over my face "contemplation" is its name...and making me a "confused ass individual" is its game.

Opportunity came in the form of a job offer that I must consider, even though I have no desire to.

I got offered a job that would free me from my current financial situation, in fact, it would set me up for life...in three years time, I would have the financial freedom to do what I see fit with my life.

I would have to be in charge again, gross, I hate being the mean one (but I am a good boss)...and I would have to work solid for three years and not take a lot of time off and be married to the job for 3 years...but after that course of time I would be a 25% percent owner of a company, only have to work 2 hours a week and make enough money a year that I could live modestly and travel, I could retire, I could start a 401k, I could see places I have never seen, I could help my friends start their own companies...open my own company again, I could consider having a child if I wanted to (I am in no financial position to even consider the notion of having a child now)...

For as much as money is a bitch, it sure does make shit a whole lot easier and you do get to do a whole bunch of more cool stuff...

Now why you might ask am I not opening the door for opportunity and offering it a steak dinner...

Well...it is a Dairy Queen...right, this totally threw me, me a princess, running a Dairy Queen and than owning it...me...and fryer oil on a daily basis...WHAT...but to only have to do it for three years and than be done, I could do it...

But the Dairy Queen is in SOUTH DAKOTA...



Yeah, close your mouth, I was stunned quiet for the first two minutes too...what kind of chicken fucker would offer me a job that would give me all this and than tell me it is in South Dakota...Yet I have been offered this job by a friend of my father, who knows my struggles, and my accomplishments, my work ethic and who wants with my parents for me to have a better life.

And don't I want a better life?

Is there such a thing as a life in South Dakota?

Where the fuck is South Dakota?

Do they have glitter in South Dakota?

Who the fuck lives in South Dakota?

Does the Warren Haynes Band come to South Dakota?

What if I do all this for a better life and I end up dying in South Dakota...ahhhhhhhhhhhh.

Are the promises of a better tomorrow, stronger than the happiness of today?

How happy am I really today?

I mean I love San Francisco, first and foremost my family is here and to leave them would tear me apart..I treasure having my parents a 15 minute car away, having them be such a part of my life has helped me gain a strength I never knew existed, they are my rock. (who the hell is going to keep an extra house key for me in case I get locked out)

But as much as I do not want to leave my parents, I want to make them happy, and I don't know if seeing their daughter struggle for money in the tenderloin makes them as proud of me as they could be.

Don't get me wrong, my parents are damm proud of me, and remind me constantly how far I have come...but life is not about all that you have done...it is about what you continue to do...

And improving myself in the financial arena, would get me out of the tenderloin, for as much as I love the tenderloin...in order for me to be a Queen I need to explore the world, and if that is my destiny, why would I not take this chance.

In all departments, why not take this chance?

I would not be around the friends I have made, I have worked hard to get into the careers that I have entered, I have made my life easier than I could have ever imagined in the city...I am a freaking Princess here peeps...and I love it...and I am so scared to give up my life of culture, music and color...

But I can always come back...I would love to come back with enough money that I can live in a place that I don't see crack getting smoked 30 times a day and maybe start a shelter or something to help those people on the street...

What if I have to leave to be able to come back and make a true difference?

But South Dakota...what kind of cruel "fuck you" is opportunity trying to pull on me...

Doesn't South Dakota have a shit ton of tornadoes?

And yet I have been speaking of Sabbatical...maybe I just need to take it to a whole new level...

I have not made my choice yet, but in the back of my mind, I don't know how I could pass up this opportunity even if it made me unhappy for three years....

And if I was unhappy, would it have anything to fucking do with South Dakota or just a whole lot to do with me?

Opportunity...You are a Chicken Fucker...times 10.

Thank you Opportunity for knocking at my door, my eyes have been opened to thoughts I never knew existed...now if you could have "Stop being Confused as Fuck" knock on my door next...I would greatly appreciate it...totally...cause he would get a steak dinner for sure.

DANCE MOVE OF THE WEEK...

GRILLING THE STEAK...

There ain't nothing like grilled meat (not trying to offend any vegetarians here...what ever makes you happy, besides...more meat for me)...

So start by squirting your lighter fluid on the charcoal, now light it...WOW, holy crap, you put a shit ton of fluid on that bad boy, whew...that made you step back...Let the grill warm up as you check to make sure you still got eye lashes and all that important action...now grab your plate of steak...season those babies with some salt & pepper and toss them on the grill...as you drink beer and chat with your friends keep an eye on your meet...flip it every once in a while and poke at it...beer is finished = steak probably done...take those bad boys off the grill (you can let them rest while you go grab another beer)...MEAT TIME.

No comments:

Post a Comment